header

header

Friday 5 June 2015

Robocraft - Final Post





Overall, I thought the game was alright. I liked how you can build your own vehicle and upgrade it, buy new items for it, and customize it, but I could see myself losing interest of it if I were to continue playing on my own. Fighting, then buying, then fighting, and buying again would feel too repetitive for me personally, but I do like it and it has been quite fun for the five days that we've been playing it.


Quick Game Play Guide:

When you start, you will be in your garage. You can access different menus by pressing tab. By going to your inventory you will find various items that you can place on your vehicle. Left Clicking will place an item, while Right Clicking will remove an item. You use the WASD keys to move around, and aim yourself with the mouse. If you want to rotate a block, use the scroll wheel to turn it how you want. If you want to build a bit faster, you can press X to turn on a line down the center and activate a mode which makes placing cubes symmetrical, which, in my opinion, saves time on building.

By playing battles (press tab and click on either Battle or Classic mode), you can earn money to buy items at the tech tree and cube depot. Here you can buy cubes and place them on your vehicle to make it better. You can also go into Practice Mode to get a feel of how the game works before you start playing with others. Again, you use the WASD keys to turn. To shoot, left click, and to zoom while you shoot, you can hold down on right click. If you get stuck, or flipped over, you can press F to fix your position, and get you back upright.


No comments:

Post a Comment